Al-Mu’minah School is an Islamic School; born out of the ideology that only worldly academic education is not sufficient for our ultimate success. Ultimate success for a believer is to be successful in the Hereafter.
The past century has seen an increasing dichotomy emerging between religious education and worldly academic education. On one hand we have the Madressas that teach only the Islamic theology and on the other hand we have the academic schools that teach only the ‘worldly’ curriculum. Because of this dichotomy, some religious people look at worldly education as an evil. However, this dichotomy does not exist in the teachings of the Qur’an and the Sunnah which encourage us to ponder on the things around us and seek all ‘beneficial knowledge.’
Islam has taught its followers to seek all ‘beneficial knowledge.’ Hence giving only religious education also does not suffice. Our aim is to provide both Islamic and 'worldly' academic knowledge to our students. We will strive to nurture girls of upright character and high academic caliber who will be Muslims in the truest sense of the world In sha Allah.
To help each student become a good human being by inculcating the values of equality and justice enshrined in the Qur'an and emulate the character of Prophet Muhammad (SAWS) and develop honesty, integrity, humility, compassion and tolerance.
- To provide quality English-medium academic education in a secure Islamic environment
- To impart Islamic knowledge based on the Qur’an and the Sunnah
- The foundation of our school is based on the firm belief that Islamic education should be combined with academic education for the child to be truly successful.
- The child – spiritually, intellectually, socially, emotionally and physically
- Confidence, self-discipline and self-esteem
- Knowledge, experience and imaginative understanding
- Motivation based on natural curiosity
- An environment that is stimulating, caring and supportive
- A structured and balanced curriculum that will enable each child to develop her full potential
- Academic excellence
- Partnership between parents and teachers to achieve the best for each child
- Positive social relationship among all children irrespective of economic class
- Academic education with English as the medium of instruction
- From Nursery to Std VII ICSE textbooks are used so that the children have a good command over English
- Children appear for Std X through the SSC board in the Mohd Ali Road branch
- From Std I students are taught Karate, Computers and Marathi / Gujarati, in addition to English, Arabic, Mathematics, Science and EVS
- Hindi is introduced from Std III
Islamic education is imparted in English in our school (some Islamic schools impart Islamic education in Urdu)
Islamic syllabus includes:
- Memorization of Surahs of the 30th Juz and Duas with English translation from Nursery
- Memorization of the complete Qur'an In sha Allah for selected children
- Arabic vocabulary from Nursery
- Correct pronunciation of Arabic letters from Nursery
- Learning of Allah (SWT)’s names with their meanings from Nursery
- Learning of Ahadeeth from Sr. K.G.
- Learning of Tajweed rules from Sr.K.G.
- Seerah of the Prophet (SAWS) and Islamic history
- Qur'anic Arabic from Std III (see a demo clip of our student [link to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0rBK5Is2F4]
- Comprehensive student - friendly Islamic Studies books
The founder and Honorary Principal of the school is Dr. Shehnaz Shaikh M.B.B.S., M.D., a person dedicated to the cause of establishing quality Islamic Academic Schools.
- She has compiled the Word-for-Word English Translation of the Qur'an, PDF versions are available at http://www.emuslim.com/Quran/Translation_English.asp
- Her Word-for-Word English Translation of the Qur'an has been used to launch a Qur'an word for word mobile software available at
- She has delivered lectures on various topics of Islam in various cities of India, US, UK, Saudi Arabia and UAE.
- She is the Vice-President of At-Tawheed International Dawah Centre for Women which has members in various cities of India and abroad.
- She is a pioneer in teaching Word-for-Word English translation of the Qur'an to children.
- Articles by Dr. Shehnaz Shaikh available at: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1162950.cms
- Article by Dr. Shehnaz Shaikh titled 'Heard of God Module?' available at: http://www.islamicvoice.com/October2004/Issues/index.php#HeardofGodModule
- Article mentioning Dr. Shehnaz Shaikh’s titled 'Islam gives many rights to women' available at: http://www.thehindu.com/2006/07/28/stories/2006072819822300.htm
Our Press Coverage
- An article about the 2nd Annual Function of the school was published in 'Islamic Voice' and can be accessed at:http://www.islamicvoice.com/march.2002/community.htm#bmk
- An article about Islamic Schools in which Al-Mu’minah School was also featured can be accessed at: http://www.thehindu.com/thehindu/mag/2003/10/19/stories/2003101900240400.htm
- An article about the 4th Annual Function of the school was published in 'Islamic Voice' and can be accessed at: http://www.islamicvoice.com/march.2004/community.htm#ad
- An article about Islamic Schools in which Al-Mu’minah School was also featured can be accessed at: http://www.hindustantimes.com/StoryPage/StoryPage.aspx?id=61d954b4-0a48-4dd0-8902-e6812ba13916
- An article about Islamic Schools in which Al-Mu’minah School was also featured can be accessed at:http://indiatoday.digitaltoday.in/index.php?option=com_content&id=2136&task=view&issueid=30&Itemid=1
- An article about Islamic Schools in which Al-Mu’minah School was also featured can be accessed at: http://www.dailymirror.lk/2007/10/25/feat/3.asp
We started in June 2000 with 18 students in Nursery and Junior K.G.
- Presently we have nearly 1500 students
- Our Navi Mumbai branch started in June 2009
- Our Surat branch started in June 2010
- Our Mira Road branch started in June 2011
- We have 6 franchisee Alhamdulillah
- Alhamdulillah 100% SSC (Std X) results even in the 10th consecutive year.
- The highest percentage obtained was 94%.00.